Interest-free loans available for Home Insulation
Sat July 6th 2019
If you have a home loan with ANZ you can now borrow up to $10,000 interest-free to insulate your home and instal a heat pump.
Cold, damp, and mouldy homes are a huge social and economic problem in New Zealand, resulting in health problems, expensive energy bills, and degradation of homes.
Healthy homes have been a priority of the government, and as a result comes the introduction of the Healthy Homes Guarantee Act. But now ANZ have launched a major initiative for their home loan customers. Last year they announced that they would be making $100m of interest-free top-up lending available to customers wishing to insulate their homes so they can enjoy a warmer, healthier home.
From July 8th they will be extending this offer to customers wishing to purchase and install heat pumps in their homes, meaning they can now apply for interest-free borrowing for both insulation and heat pumps - up to $5000 for each!
Summary of the offer
- Maximum of two interest-free loans (one for insulation, one for heat pumps) per security held with ANZ (limited to two securities) up to $5000 per loan
- Maximum of four loans per customer
- The loans will be fixed over a maximum period of four years at 0% p.a
- The loan is for the purpose of home insulation or heat pump installation only
- Each loan is limited to a maximum of $5,000 or the value of the quote, whichever is lower
- Lending is subject to normal lending criteria, including an affordability assessment
- The customer is responsible for paying the installer
- We'll advance the loan upon receipt of the quote from a reputable installer and confirmation of an installation date.
If you have an existing home loan with ANZ and would like to apply for interest-free borrowing for home insulation, please contact us for more details.
Need our help?
We're here to answer your questions.Get in touch with us today
Michael is an expert in his field and really goes the extra mile to ensure a professional, thorough and enjoyable experience when looking for Insurance cover or trusted Financial advice. Highly recommended.
Michael has a wealth of information to share with regards to financial planning...he has always provided valuable information to both my clients and me without being a pushy sales person!
I am thrilled with the advice and service Michael provided me for financial planning and for personal insurance. Trustworthy and a very nice chap! I highly recommend his services.
Michael has consistently provided excellent service, financial advice, support and follow-up on insurance services for my business. I would highly recommend Michael to anyone needing clear and honest financial advice.
The ''new regime''
On March 15th 2021, a new law on how financial advice is provided to retail clients will come into effect.
Take more control of your cancer journey
AIA Cancer Care is a specialised type of health insurance that covers costs associated with the diagnosis, treatment, and recovery of cancer. With this new product, you can get access to a broad range of private treatment options and faster access to the latest cancer drugs.
LVR restrictions to be reinstated
LVR restrictions take effect from March 1st, meaning you will need a higher deposit than just a few weeks ago. So what does this mean for you, and will it help cool the housing market?